Assisted Transportation for Seniors
Drive Happiness Seniors Association
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Offers door-to-door assisted transportation for seniors to various appointments.
- a volunteer-driven transportation service for low-resourced seniors
- transportation to essential medical appointments
Key Provider: volunteer drivers
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- 65 years and older
- who are able to enter and exit a vehicle with some assistance (drivers cannot lift an individual into or out of the vehicle)
- and who reside in Edmonton and or surrounding areas
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service:
- visit website for an application
- appointments can only be booked by registered users
- contact to book an appointment
- appointments need to be booked at least 3 working days in advance (however, emergencies are accommodated)
- to book outside of program hours, leave a detailed message
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Application wait periods depend on the area of residence. Individuals can commence booking rides once annual membership fees have been received.
- Toll Free
- Web Site
- English - Volunteers speak many different languages. Call for more information.
- Fee: Yes,
Annual membership fee plus $10.00 per ticket for a 90 minute trip.
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
Annual $30.00, or based on a sliding scale dependant annual income. Call for more information.
- Wheelchair access: N/A -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- November 15, 2022
- Hours of Operation
Program hours vary. Contact for more information.