Newcomer Essential Skills Training Program
Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Offers training to increase or develop essential skills to find work and participate in the community more successfully.
- 24 weeks of full-time classes to increase or develop essential skills to find work and participate in the community
- 90 days (3 months) of supported follow up
Program is delivered twice a year to 20 eligible applicants each session.
- Yes, Service targeted to residents of Alberta who are:
- permanent residents, new Canadian Citizens, or refugees with a positive Notice of Decision Letter
- unemployed or marginally employed
- with a Canadian Language Benchmark 3 or higher in all skill areas (reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
- and highly motivated and committed to completing the program
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, To access service:
- or visit website for more information
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
There may be a waiting period depending on intake.
- Web Site
- Fee: No,
Program is free and participants may qualify for funding while studying.
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: No -
- Last Verified On
- July 13, 2022
- 10170 112 Street NW
Edmonton, AB, T5K 2L6
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM to 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM to 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM to 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM to 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
Program hours vary. Sessions delivered twice a year.