Basic Needs Fund
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides emergency financial assistance to help people out of an unforeseen financial crisis.
- support to low income Calgarians with navigating out of an unforeseen financial crisis
- support with rental arrears, eviction notices, utility arrears, disconnection notices, first month's rent, damage deposits, or unforeseen medical expenses
- Yes, Service targeted to individuals:
- who have attempted to receive funding through Alberta Works Emergency Fund on 1-877-644-9992
- residing in Calgary or surrounding areas
- living on a low income (below Low Income Cut Off), or experiencing a temporary financial crisis
- who are sustainable (have a monthly income high enough to cover their basic needs under normal circumstances)
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, To access service:
- visit website to apply online at at www.risecalgary.ca/basic-needs-fund
- contact for details
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
It can take anywhere from 1 to 3 weeks for funding to be disbursed based on a number of factors.
If the program is closed for new applications, clients will need to wait until the following month in order to apply.
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
Annual membership fee $5.00
Membership is not required to access services.
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- 3303 17 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB, T2A 0R2
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon10:00 AM to 04:00 PMTue10:00 AM to 04:00 PMWed10:00 AM to 04:00 PMThu10:00 AM to 04:00 PMFri10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Closed between 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM for lunch. Closed on weekends and public holidays.