Alberta Health Services
Provincial Health Services - Health Link Dietitian Service
- Telephone service with dietitians available to answer nutrition questions.
The Health Link Dietitian Service provides a variety of services including:
- Answering caller's nutrition-related questions
- Providing callers with nutrition education resources
- Directing callers to credible online nutrition resources
- Referring callers to community nutrition programs
- Coordinating a referral for 1:1 nutrition counselling
The Health Link Dietitian Service covers a variety of nutrition-related topics including:
- healthy eating
- breastfeeding or infant formula
- feeding your toddler or young child
- health conditions such as: Diabetes, high cholesterol, high triglycerides, kidney disease, celiac disease, irritable bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, pancreatitis, cancer, obesity, malnutrition, long-COVID-19
- eating after discharge from hospital
- eating after surgery
- weight gain or loss
- digestive symptoms such as: Heart burn, constipation, diarrhea, or vomiting
- nutrition supplements to provide extra protein and calories
- vitamin and mineral supplements
- food allergies
- Application Process
- Service Access: Telephone Information Line, If a patient has a nutrition question, they can call 811 and a Health Link RN will make a referral to the Health Link Dietitian Service. A dietitian will make 3 attempts to contact the patient.
- The first attempt is made within 2 business days.
- A second attempt is made within the first week.
- A third attempt is made the following week.
- One voicemail is left with a direct number to call the Health Link dietitian back.
Waiting Period: No,
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- October 20, 2021
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:00 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:00 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:00 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:00 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:00 PM