- Provides comprehensive learn-to-swim programs for the public and national lifeguard training for professional lifeguards.
- teaching all five strokes (front crawl, back crawl, breast stroke, backstroke, and sidestroke)
- learn-to-swim programs for individuals age 4 months to adults
- adapted swimming options for swimmers with disabilities
- at-school or camp programs for large groups with various levels of ability
- Red Cross Lifeguard program
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- anyone wanting to learn and improve their swimming skills
- professional lifeguards seeking training
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, To access service;
- view Find A Course for local course offering
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Toll Free
- Web Site
- English - Some pools offer lessons in French.
- Fee: Yes,
Fees vary by pool and level of lesson. Contact local pool for details.
Fee Reduction: Yes,
Some pools offer subsidies for low income families; contact local pool for details and to see if this service is offered.
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Legal Status
- Registered Not-For-Profit, Registered Charity / Foundation
- Last Updated On
- June 18, 2021