- Provides training in the most common construction trades.
- 24 - week program encompassing essential skills, academics and applied skills development
- training in basic computer skills, safety training, job search skills
- work experience and support for participants in entering the construction field with basic knowledge in focal and sought-after construction areas.
Affiliation: Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- Landed Immigrant /Canadian residing in Canada
- Grade 10 Education; no post-secondary education
- Unable to find employment or marginally employed due to limited occupational language skills, lack of knowledge of Canadian employment practices and lack of Canadian experience
- Eligible for Employment Insurance (EI), Income Support, unemployed Albertan and/or as assessed by Alberta Government/ Advanced Education
- Be physically fit and capable of working long shifts in the industry
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Ready, willing and able to complete the training program
- Class 5 driver’s license is an asset
- Be willing to relocate and/or work shifts
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service:
- Call or e-mail for details.
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Contact for details.
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
$5.00/Individual, $20.00/Corporate. Membership not needed to receive services.
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- September 21, 2022
- 1111 11 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, T2R 0G5
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM to 05:00 PMTue08:00 AM to 05:00 PMWed08:00 AM to 05:00 PMThu08:00 AM to 05:00 PMFri08:00 AM to 05:00 PM