- Offers reading and 1-on-1 tutoring for children.
- a free 1-on-1 and group reading program for children
- pairing with a reading buddy for 1 hour each week to work on literacy-based activities including paired reading, storytelling, and games
- interaction and group games and writing activities between learners and volunteers
Weekly attendance is important, since learners are paired with the same reading buddy for the duration of program.Affiliation: Partnered with Edmonton Public Library.
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- 6 to 11 years
- who are struggling with their reading or unmotivated to read
- or who who need 1-on-1 support to improve their comprehension, fluency, and pronunciation
- Application Process
- Service Access: Registration Required, To access service:
- or call / leave a voicemail to register
Waiting Period: Yes,
Learners are placed on a waiting list once spots are filled. Wait time may be a few weeks, or a few months depending on space available. If enrolled learners have more than 2 unexcused absenses, they will be taken off the program and replaced with the waitlisted learners.
- Toll Free
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Legal Status
- Registered Charity / Foundation
- Last Updated On
- February 12, 2021