Ride Transit Program
Edmonton Transit Service
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides monthly passes at a subsidized rate to eligible Edmontonians with low income.
- greater access to Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) offerings by reducing financial barriers for individuals and families in Edmonton with low income
- transit passes at a reduced rate for recipients of Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
Affiliation: Partnered with the Government of Alberta.
- Yes, Service targeted to Edmonton residents who are either:
- an Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) Health Benefit recipient
- a Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Disability recipient
- dependents of an AISH Health Benefit recipient
- recipients of income support / learner income support benefits
- families whose household income is at or below the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) amount
- or a permanent resident / refugee claimant
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service:
- visit website for application
- call to arrange in-person appointment at Edmonton Service Centre
- view qualification requirements online
- completed applications can be dropped off in the Edmonton Service Centre mailbox (must be in a sealed envelope with all necessary documents and a letter indicating the purpose) or mailed to Leisure Access and Ride Transit Program, PO Box 2359, Edmonton, AB, T5J 0J4
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Wait times vary. The normal approval process can take 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the time of year and number of applications received.
- 3-1-1 (7:00 AM to 7:00 PM)
- Web Site
- Fee: Yes,
Fees vary based on eligibility.
Fee Reduction: Yes,
The program operates on a sliding scale.
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- November 24, 2022
- Hours of Operation
311 available 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.