Stars Mentoring Program
BGC of Wetaskiwin
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides Wetaskiwin school children 6 to 13 years of age with the opportunity to be matched with an adult mentor in their school environment.
- a program that contributes to the development of positive self-esteem, school performance and attendance, social skills, and self-confidence
- an employer-supported opportunity where the volunteer can leave his / her place of employment during work hours to give back to their community. Volunteers can pick the day and time that is most suitable for them and that will work into the child's school schedule.
- one hour per week, in the child's school, doing activities of mutual interest such as playing games, reading, talking or just hanging out
- an activity kit with games, craft supplies and other materials at each site
There are no meetings on school holidays or summer holidays as this is an in-school match only.
Affiliation: Partnered with St Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Schools and Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools.
Key Provider: educators, professional child and youth development staff, volunteers
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- 6 to 13 years of age
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Referral from school personnel required.
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Wait times vary.
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- May 10, 2022
- Hours of Operation
Program hours vary.