Multicultural Parent Education
ASSIST Community Services Centre
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides a continuum parenting education to newcomer and refugee families with children 0 to 18 years old.
a 4-component continuum parenting education to empower caregivers' knowledge and capacity of parenting
- Nobody's Perfect Parenting Program - information on child development from 0 to 6 years and positive parenting skills; topics include creating a safe environment and the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) on children's brain and later development
- Fatherhood Initiative Program - information and skills that focus on the dad's role as caregiver of children 0 to 6 years of age; topics include body, mind, safety, behaviour, and the impact of ACEs on children's brain and later development
- Pre-teen Parenting - information on popular parental concerns in raising preteens, parenting strategies to stay connected with teenagers, and fostering stronger family relationships
- Youth Parenting - information to prepare parents / caregivers for challenges in terms of bullying, gender diversity, sexual consents, and emotional support, followed by a brief overview of the Canadian Justice System to protect them from possible criminal acts
Affiliation: Funded by Government of Alberta - Ministry of Children's Services (Edmonton Region).
Key Provider: community educators
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- newcomer and refugee families
- with children 0 to 18 years
- Application Process
- Service Access: Registration Required, To access service:
- contact for dates and times and / or to register
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Web Site
- English -
Parent education workshops are offered in the language of the participants from the designated ethno-cultural community. Contact for more information.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
Memberships available to individuals and families. Services are available to members and non-members.
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: No -
- Last Verified On
- May 3, 2022
- 810 Saddleback Road NW
Edmonton, AB, T6J 4W4
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
Program hours vary.