Basic Needs Fund
Distress Centre Calgary
Search Search Results Agency Service
- NOTE: COVID-19 UPDATE # BNF SERVICES REMAIN REMOTE, BY PHONE. STAFF ARE ON A ROTATING HYBRID MODEL, BUT PUBLIC SERVICES ARE REMOTE ONLY. MASKS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES ARE STILL REQUIRED. CAPACITY LIMITS ARE STILL IN PLACE. NO WALK-INS. ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE CURRENTLY BY PHONE.
Provides one-time financial assistance to low income families and individuals.
- financial assistance for rent, damage deposit, mortgage payment, or utility assistance (i.e. gas and electricity)
BNF does NOT cover cellphone, internet, or cable costs, as well as debt like credit cards.
Key Provider: professional information and referral specialists and basic needs administrator
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- low income individuals and families experiencing a temporary financial crisis
- residents of Airdrie, Calgary, Chestermere, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks, and Strathmore
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service call 211 to apply for intake.
There is no specific e-mail for BNF clients. Applications are done only through 211 by self-referral. If a 211 agent from Edmonton has a caller, they can re-direct them to Calgary's 211 line.
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
It takes about 1.5 weeks from application to the landlord receiving funds. This is dependent on how was fast the client can provide documents.
- Interpretation available upon request
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Front door is wheelchair accessible.
Other disabled access: No -
- Last Verified On
- May 5, 2021
- 999 8 Street SW
Calgary, AB, T2R 1J5
Open in Google Maps