24 Hour Crisis Support
Distress Centre Calgary
Search Search Results Agency Service
- NOTE: COVID-19 UPDATE # OFFICE HAS BEEN CLOSED BUT ALL SERVICES ARE STILL OPEN VIA PHONE AND ONLINE. TELEPHONE CRISIS AND 211 SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AS USUAL.
Provides crisis intervention, support, referrals, and the option of intake into Distress Centre's Crisis Counselling.
- 24 hour crisis support by phone, text or chat
- e-mail support
- direct links to mobile crisis teams when appropriate (Mobile Response Team (AHS), Community Resource Team (Wood's Homes), and Social Services Response Team (Child and Family Services Authority)
Affiliation: Alberta Health Services, Calgary and Area Child and Family Services Authority, Calgary Seniors' Resource Society, Wood's Homes
Key Provider: trained volunteers supported by professional staff
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, To access service:
- call 24/7 crisis line
- visit website to chat
- e-mail for queries
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- 403-266-HELP (4357) (24 Hour Crisis Line)
- 403-543-1967 (Hearing Impaired)
- 403-266-4357 (Text HELP)
- Web Site
- English - Tele-interpreters are available upon request.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Front door is wheelchair accessible.
Other disabled access: No -
- Last Verified On
- May 5, 2021
- 999 8 Street SW
Calgary, AB, T2R 1J5
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- 24/7 -
Crisis line, chat, and text supports are available 24/7. E-mails are not monitored 24/7.