Alberta Health Services
Provincial Health Services - Provincial Family Violence Treatment Program
- Provides assessment and treatment for individuals who have been mandated through the court system for charges related to intimate partner violence.
This program is part of the Alberta government's ongoing effort to end family violence, promote healthy relationships, and enhance family and community safety. The ultimate goal of the Provincial Family Violence Treatment Program (PFVTP) is to deliver consistent, comprehensive assessment and treatment services to prevent intimate partner violence (IPV). Treatment is provided to clients mandated by Justice and Solicitor General (probation) or Children's Services, and to voluntary clients. It aims to increase victim and community safety by ensuring individuals (offenders) retain responsibility for their actions and engage in evidence-informed treatment.
The program is primarily for individuals mandated through the court system for charges related to IPV; however individuals can also access the program voluntarily by contacting their local Provincial Family Violence Treatment service provider directly.
Contracted service providers and Alberta Health Services (AHS) staff work with community partners such as law enforcement, crown prosecutors, Probation, Children's Services, and victim services as part of a coordinated community response.
This service is provided by Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health Services contracted service providers.Key Provider: addiction counsellors, counsellors, mental health therapists, psychologists, social workers
- Yes, Criteria varies with each location, contact individual location for more details.
- Application Process
- Service Access: , Referrals for mandated clients accepted from Probation and Children’s ServicesVoluntary clients acceptedContact individual location for detailsReferral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: Yes,
This is an AHS-funded service and there is no cost to the client.Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: N/A - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- April 7, 2020
- 4909 53 Avenue
St Paul, AB, T0A 3A4
Open in Google Maps