Alberta Health Services
Calgary Zone - Community Geriatric Mental Health Service
- Mental health services for seniors living in the community who have moderate to severe age-related mental health concerns.
Services provided may include:
- assessment, treatment and follow-up
- caregiver support
- one-to-one and group treatment for seniors with mental health concerns (e.g. anxiety, depression, schizophrenia and other psychiatric disorders)
- clinic and in-home service
- education for the client, caregiver, and community partners
The family doctor and other caregivers are involved in the assessment and treatment plan.
This service does not offer crisis intervention.
Day treatment Services: Group therapy, for individuals experiencing anxiety and depression, psychiatry consultation also available.
SAILL: Three phase group based therapy for individuals seeking group work for substance abuse. Psychiatry consultation also available.Key Provider: mental health clinicians, occupational therapists, outreach workers, psychiatrists, psychologists, registered nurses(RNs)
- Yes, 70 years and older with age-related mental health problems. Must be living in the community (private home, lodge, or group home).
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Clients can also self-refer.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking. Wait times vary on service provided.
- 403-943-1500 (Access Mental Health - Intake)
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- September 27, 2019
- 2580 32 Street NE
Calgary, AB, T1Y 7M8
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:15 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:15 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:15 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:15 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:15 PM