Alberta Health Services
Edmonton Zone - Palliative Community Consult Team
- Offers support for managing your problems and concerns and assessments for palliative care placements to people with a disease that no longer responds to treatments aimed at a cure.
Provides help to your health care team in managing your problems and concerns. This service is available in all care settings in the Edmonton Zone.
At home or in a hospital your main health care team provides your palliative care. A referral from your Doctor or Nurse Practitioner is needed when they want help from the palliative care service.
Our Services Include:
- Providing consultative services and working closely with doctors, Nurse Practitioners, Home Care staff and hospital teams
- Helping provide full care (physical, emotional, mental and spiritual) to the patient and family with a life-limiting disease
- Assessing the need for transfer to the Tertiary Palliative Care Unit or to a hospice palliative care unit
- Yes, palliative diagnosis
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time for a consult is 1-3 business days.
Hospice placement varies based on availability of beds.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: N/A - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- June 22, 2021
- Hours of Operation
- Mon07:00 AM - 11:45 PMTue07:00 AM - 11:45 PMWed07:00 AM - 11:45 PMThu07:00 AM - 11:45 PMFri07:00 AM - 11:45 PM