Alberta Health Services
Provincial Health Services - Medical Assistance in Dying
- This service is a healthcare option available to Albertans at the end-of-life. It allows a capable adult suffering from a grievous and irremediable medical condition to voluntarily request medicine that will bring about their death. MAID is a legislated and regulated service with specific legal requirements under Canadian Law.
Alberta Health Services has developed a MAID Care Coordination Service to act as a single point of contact for patients, families and health care providers.
MAID is not an urgent service and the process can take varying lengths of time depending on your circumstance. To qualify for this service, you must meet all the eligibility criteria set out by federal law.
For further information:
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.For additional information, please visit our website www.ahs.ca/MAID.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: N/A,
- 811 (Health Link)
- Web Site
- MAID.email@example.com(MAID); firstname.lastname@example.org(Allend-of-lifeoptions)
- Fee: N/AFee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- November 12, 2021