Provincial Abuse Helpline
Government of Alberta - Ministry of Seniors, Community, and Social Services
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Offers a phone line with information and support for Albertans who may be experiencing abuse or neglect, or who suspect someone is being abused or neglected.
- connections to resources, supports, services, and referrals to address abuse and neglect concerns
- a single point of contact if Albertans are unsure of where to get help
Abuse can include (but is not limited to):
- physical, emotional, sexual, financial
- examples such as hitting, threatening, inappropriate touching, or theft of funds
If someone is in immediate danger or facing a significant health or safety risk, they should contact 911.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Telephone Information Line
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- 1-855-4 HELPAB (443-5722)
- English; Tele-Interpreter / Language Lines - Over 100 languages available by phone.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- April 27, 2023
- Hours of Operation