Alberta Health Services
Calgary Zone - Traditional Wellness Counselor Services
- This program provides counseling, support, education and traditional Indigenous healing services to First Nations (Status and Non-Status), Métis and Inuit peoples and their families.
Alberta Health Services has a policy to allow spiritual ceremonies. Ask your healthcare provider, traditional wellness counselor or spiritual care services for more information.
- Elder services
- healing circles and formal ceremonial healing events
Traditional Wellness Counselors also gather traditional medicines, educate about ceremonial protocol, and are available to healthcare staff for consultation on a diverse range of Indigenous patient issues.Key Provider: traditional wellness counselors
- Yes, First Nations (Status and Non-Status), Métis, and Inuit peoples and their families.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- 403-955-6600 (Central Registration)
- Web Site
- Blackfoot; Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Lifts
- Last Updated On
- January 5, 2022
- Facility is located one block south of 16 Ave (Trans Canada Highway).; 1403 29 Street NW
Calgary, AB, T2N 2T9
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM - 05:00 PMTue08:30 AM - 05:00 PMWed08:30 AM - 05:00 PMThu08:30 AM - 05:00 PMFri08:30 AM - 05:00 PM