Alberta Health Services
Provincial Health Services - Provincial Family Violence Treatment Program
- Provides assessment and treatment for individuals who have been mandated through the court system for charges related to domestic violence. Non-mandated individuals may participate based on clinician judgment and space availability.
Provides comprehensive and consistent treatment services across the province based on the belief that individuals are capable of change and that treatment programs grounded in best practice will fulfill the intended outcome of decreasing instances of family violence and keep families and communities safer.
Services promote non-abusive behavior, support change efforts and hold individuals who engage in abusive behavior accountable for their actions. The provincial scope and nature of the program, collaboration amongst service providers, and ongoing development are keys to the success and continued growth of the PFVTP.
Treatment includes 3 main components:
- group treatment
- addiction and/or mental health treatment and support
- individual counseling sessions as required
Also provides partner safety checks for victims and referrals to support services as needed.
This service is provided by Alberta Health Services and Alberta Health Services contracted service providers.Key Provider: counselors, family violence prevention coordinators, law enforcement, victim services
- Yes, Criteria varies with each location, contact individual location for more details.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral from Court system, Probation, Child and Family Services, or can be self-referred. Contact individual location for details.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- 9303 34 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB, T6E 5W8
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon10:00 AM - 05:00 PMTue10:00 AM - 05:00 PMWed10:00 AM - 05:00 PMThu10:00 AM - 05:00 PMFri10:00 AM - 05:00 PM