Alberta Health Services
Edmonton Zone - Stroke Early Supported Discharge Program
- The Stroke Early Supported Discharge Program (SESD) provides client-focused, in-home therapy for adults with stroke who are referred from hospital upon discharge.
Clients of SESD receive up to 6 weeks of in-home therapy. This program is intended for clients with mild to moderate deficits who cannot access outpatient rehabilitation services or for whom in-home therapy is deemed most appropriate. Clients actively participate in setting goals for their therapy. Stroke specialists provide support with overcoming barriers, reintegration with the community, and transfer to outpatient rehabilitation services if appropriate.Key Provider: occupational therapists (OTs), physical therapists (PTs), social workers, speech-language pathologists (SLPs), therapy assistants
- Yes, This program is targeted to clients who are medically stable with mild to moderate deficits requiring ongoing rehabilitation and have circumstances that prevent them from attending available outpatient ambulatory programs. The SESD Program is now completing appointments virtually and may continue in the future.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Designated surface and underground parking stallsOther disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- June 23, 2020
- 10230 111 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB, T5G 0B7
This facility provides a range of healthcare services to help people recover from injuries and illnesses. There is no emergency department at this location.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:00 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:00 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:00 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:00 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:00 PM