Alberta Health Services - Early Childhood Intervention Program
- Offers navigation, education and support for families in many different settings including home-based (if needed) to children with developmental delays and / or disabilities.
The program provides navigation, education,support and information for families of children from birth to 5 years in many settings and locations; clinic, family's home (if needed), playgroups, and in the community.
Works with families concerned with their child's development and/or children at risk for developmental delays (premature birth, prenatal exposure to drugs or alcohol, diagnosed disability).Key Provider: early childhood intervention staff
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Parents can self-refer. Healthcare providers and services, agencies, and public health nurses can refer but need permission from family first.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Once the referral is received, a letter is sent to the family telling them how long the wait will be. The wait list is reviewed every week. Priorities are decided by client needs. Families are encouraged to contact the Early Intervention Program if they need immediate help.
- Web Site
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: No -
- Last Updated On
- August 27, 2021
- 10320 99 Street
Grande Prairie, AB, T8V 6J4
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:15 AM - 04:30 PMTue08:15 AM - 04:30 PMWed08:15 AM - 04:30 PMThu08:15 AM - 04:30 PMFri08:15 AM - 04:30 PM