Advocacy and Referral Services
Institute for the Advancement of Aboriginal Women
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Offers assistance to Aboriginal women to address barriers to moving forward, and support with self-development, budgeting, human rights education, and work exposure.
- assistance to Aboriginal women to address barriers to moving forward once they have exhausted all other means of getting assistance or services elsewhere
- agreements with private industry to hire Aboriginal women with barriers to employment to increase access to jobs, especially for those in non-traditional industries
- Supports for Women leaving Correctional Institutions - provides community connections, support, encouragement, and advocacy to Aboriginal women involved with correctional institutions who are re-entering society in Edmonton, including Wellbriety classes and access to housing
- Strategies to increase Safety for Aboriginal Women - in partnership with several women's groups interested in how the National Inquiry on Missing and Murdered Women and Girls is completed, a strategy to address the needs of the families of missing or murdered Aboriginal women, initiate community safety activities, and learn from the past
Affiliation: Partnered with Women's Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) Canada, Corrections Canada, and Edmonton Parole.
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- Indigenous, Aboriginal, and Metis women
- Application Process
- Service Access: By Appointment, To access service:
- by appointment only
- contact to make an appointment
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Toll Free
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
Annual membership available, but not required to access services.
- Wheelchair access: N/A -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- January 30, 2018
- 18104 102 Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T5S 1S7
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM to 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM to 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM to 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM to 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
Closed 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM.