Foster Caregiver Recruitment
Government of Alberta - Ministry of Children's Services
- Recruits adults interested in providing temporary care for children.
- recruitment of adults interested in providing temporary care for children when the biological family is unable or unwilling to assume responsibility for the child
- training, support, and financial compensation for foster parents or caregivers caring for children
- Kinship Care in a family home that is approved to care for a child because of a family connection or significant relationship to the child
- Indigenous Foster Caregiver Program that supports Indigenous families interested in providing full-time, temporary care for Indigenous children
- private guardianship
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- residents of Alberta
- 18 years and older
- in a stable relationship for at least 12 months
- physically and metally capable of caring for children
- with a separate residence apart from other caregivers
- who are financially stable and living within their means
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service:
- contact for more information or to apply
- visit website to find a local office
- 3 personal references
- a medical reference
- a Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search
- and a Child Intervention Record Check
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Wait times vary. Contact for details.
- Web Site
- Fee: Yes,
Fees for Criminal Record Check.
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Melcor Centre has elevators and ramps.
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- November 14, 2022
- 200 4 Avenue S
Lethbridge, AB, T1J 4C9
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:15 AM to 04:30 PMTue08:15 AM to 04:30 PMWed08:15 AM to 04:30 PMThu08:15 AM to 04:30 PMFri08:15 AM to 04:30 PM
Closed 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM. Closed statutory holidays.