Labour Market Bridging for Volunteers: Interpretation and Translation
Calgary Immigrant Women's Association
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides interpretation and translation services and related work experience to volunteers.
- interpreter preparation and training by an instructor
- presentation from industry experts in education, legal service, health service, family services, and private industry
- Cultural Interpreter Language Interpretation Skills Assesment Test ( CILISAT )
- preparation for interpretation and translation clinics at CIWA and community organizations
- computer training in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
Affiliation: Cultural Interpretation Services for Our Communities ( CISOC )
- Yes, Service targeted to immigrant women with:
- volunteer placement at CIWA
- permanent residency
- Canadian Language Benchmark level 7 or higher
- 5 months of fulltime availability for the training and assignments
- Application Process
- Service Access: By Appointment, To access service:
- call 403-263-4414 or email
- visit website for details
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Web Site
- Interpreters and translators may be available. Contact for details.
- Fee: Yes,
Fees vary. Contact for details.
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - An accessible entrance (wheelchair ramp) is at the front of the building, an accessible washroom is located on the second floor; and accessible parking is available at the side of the building.
Other disabled access: Yes - Elevators.
- Last Verified On
- September 8, 2021
- 138 4 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB, T2G 4Z6
Open in Google Maps