Alberta Health Services
Calgary Zone - Early Childhood Rehabilitation Services
- Provides goal-focused, time limited intervention and parent education for medically stable children from birth to kindergarten edibility with neuro-developmental concerns or developmental delays / disabilities that are impacting daily life; or an acute change in function and / or a significant regression of skills.
Based on clinical need, a child may access support from key providers, intervention is individualized to support the child and family and may include:
- informal / formal assessment
- parent/caregiver education sessions
- direct teaching / coaching
- individual and / or group sessions
- equipment support
- support with accessing community-based resources
This program requires parents / caregiver readiness to actively participate in intervention sessions. With support, parents / caregivers will identify a functional goal on which they would like to focus rehabilitation intervention and will be coached on how to carry-out developmental recommendations in the home and community. Attending an parent / caregiver orientation session is the first step of our programming (*exceptions may apply e.g. English Language Learners, complex child/family needs).
Visit the PEAS (Pediatric Eating and Swallowing) website to find relevant information for families and care providers of children with an eating, feeding and swallowing disorder.Key Provider: occupational therapists (OTs), physiotherapists(PTs), registered dietitians, social workers, speech language pathologists (SLPs), therapy assistants
- Yes, Children with developmental delays.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- Referral 403-955-5916
- Referral 403-955-5990
- Web Site
- Interpreter/Translation services - Telephone translation support.
- Fee: N/AFee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Barrier free facility. Pay parking available.
- Last Updated On
- October 15, 2021
- 3820 24 Avenue NW
Calgary, AB, T3B 2X9
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:30 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:30 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:30 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:30 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:30 PM