Alberta Health Services
Provincial Health Services - Dementia Advice
- A telephone service, which provides free specialized dementia advice, is available through Health Link by dialing 811.
Dementia Advice provides support for people living with dementia and their caregivers, including tele-triage, health advice, and available resources. A Health Link nurse assesses clients needs and provides advice for immediate concerns. When needed, clients are referred to a specialized dementia nurse for additional advice.
Specific services include:
- short term psychosocial support
- dementia related education
- facilitates linkages to community resources
- referrals to services such as Alzheimer Society and Home Care
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Clients can also self-refer by calling Health Link at 811.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
The Dementia Advice Line will contact clients within 72 hours of referral.
- Toll Free
- 1-866-408-5465 (Canada-wide toll free)
- 780-735-3553 (Edmonton)
- 1-866-979-3553 (toll free in Alberta)
- Web Site
- Interpreter/Translation services - Translation service is available in 240 languages upon request.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- May 13, 2020
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 08:00 PMTue08:00 AM - 08:00 PMWed08:00 AM - 08:00 PMThu08:00 AM - 08:00 PMFri08:00 AM - 08:00 PMSat08:00 AM - 08:00 PMSun08:00 AM - 08:00 PM