- Assists with costs resulting from spina bifida or hydrocephalus.
- assistance with costs that are not covered by other sources of funding
Can provide funding for:
- specialized leisure and recreational equipment
- medical equipment
- services such as specialized lessons or camps
- emergency personal expenses
- emergency expenses required to maximize independence in the areas of self-care, productivity, and leisure
Limit of $1000.00 paid in support of each individual with spina bifida per year. Does not pay the Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) annual deductible, with exceptions for adults demonstrating financial need.
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- with spina bifida and / or hydrocephalus
- who are residents of Northern Alberta, Northwest Territories, or Nunavut
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service:
- application found on website
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Wait times vary.
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
Individual and professional memberships available.
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: Yes - Includes:
- accessible underground paid parking
- automatic door opener to office
- accessible washrooms
- Last Verified On
- November 10, 2022
- 11010 101 Street
Edmonton, AB, T5H 4B9
Open in Google Maps