Alberta Health Services
North Zone - Stroke Early Supported Discharge Program
- Provides in-home therapy to stroke survivors.
Promotes early discharge from hospital following a mild to moderate stroke, easing the transition from hospital to home to community. Clients actively participate in setting goals for their 4 to 8 week therapy. Stroke specialists also provide support with overcoming barriers and reintegration into the community.Key Provider: occupational therapists (OTs), physiotherapists (PTs), recreation therapists, registered nurses (RNs), social workers, speech-language pathologists (SLPs), therapy assistants
- Yes, Mild to moderate stroke. Appropriate rehabilitation goals. Living within a 75km radius of the QEII Hospital.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.A referral from a healthcare professional is preferred. Please call the office for self-referral or if referring a family member.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: N/A,
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- March 22, 2021
- 10409 98 Street
Grande Prairie, AB, T8V 2E8
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department. The Grande Prairie Cancer Centre is located within this facility.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:15 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:15 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:15 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:15 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:15 PM