Alberta Health Services
Calgary Zone - Traumatic Brain Injury Program
- Provides treatment and care for children with concussions, and mild, moderate and severe traumatic brain injuries and their families.
Services provided include:
- education sessions include sessions on concussion/mild Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) recovery (Curious about Concussions?, visit For Families Traumatic Brain Injury Program for more information)
- clinical care
Provides specialized investigation and quality rehabilitation services for children and families with concussions, and mild, moderate and severe traumatic brain injury from the Emergency Department, through the hospital admission, and out into the community.
In addition, the global aim of the research program is to provide evidence-based management and treatment strategies to enable the maximal function of children with brain injury in their community.Key Provider: nurse practitioners (NPs), pediatric neurologists, pediatric neuropsychologists, pediatric neuropsychometrists, registered nurses (RNs)
- Yes, Children diagnosed with a concussion, and/or mild, moderate or severe traumatic brain injury.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Main entranceLifts accessible onsiteOther disabled access: No -
- Last Updated On
- June 15, 2015
- 28 Oki Drive NW
Calgary, AB, T3B 6A8
This facility provides a range of healthcare services for children up to 18 years old including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon09:00 AM - 03:00 PMTue09:00 AM - 03:00 PMWed09:00 AM - 03:00 PMThu09:00 AM - 03:00 PMFri09:00 AM - 03:00 PM