Alberta Health Services
Edmonton Zone - Emergency Department, Pediatric
- Provides family centered care to critically ill or injured children as well as supportive and urgent care to patients with less serious medical concerns 24 hours a day. The Stollery's Emergency department is the only specialized ED and referral centre for children in central and northern Alberta.
Provides help for people with their emergency health needs 24 / 7. Health problems are assessed, diagnosed and treated. Treatments vary from minor to life saving measures.
If you have an emergency, call 911.
- take care of people that are very sick or injured on a priority basis. this means the sickest people are seen first. If you go to an emergency department for care that isn't urgent, you will not likely be seen right away
- provide medical care, which includes assessment and treatment
- stabilize people and get them ready to transport to higher level of care facility (if needed)
- provide follow-up care including referrals to a family doctor or specialist (if needed)
Emergency department wait times for:
- Yes, Children from birth up to their 18th birthday.
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, self refer or referred by a professionalReferral Process: No
Waiting Period: N/A,
- 780-407-3737 (Unit Desk)
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls, ramps, elevators and washrooms.
- Last Updated On
- July 13, 2018
- 8440 112 Street
Edmonton, AB, T6G 2B7
This facility provides a range of healthcare services for children including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps