Alberta Health Services
North Zone - Designated Supportive Living Level 3
- Provides accommodation and support for adults and seniors who can't manage in their own homes.
Provides accommodation and supports24 / 7 for clients who require assistance with their healthcare needs. Residents will have an assigned Home Care Case Manger (RN) to coordinate service. Health Care Aides are on-site 24 hours a day to provide support, personal care, and medication assistance.
Service may include:
- personal care
- meals and housekeeping
- linen and laundry service
- recreation programs
- 24-hour safety and emergency response services
Healthcare services are provided by Home Care on a scheduled basis.
Visit the Alberta Health Services Continuing Care website for more information.Key Provider: health care aides, home care case managers, registered nurses (RN's)
- Yes, To access a designated living option a referral is made through the North Zone (Continuing Care Access) CCA team. A Home Care Case Manager will contact the client to review their healthcare needs and complete an assessment to determine eligibility.
- Application Process
- Service Access: By Appointment, To access a designated living option, a referral is made by the client, a family member, or a healthcare provider to the North Zone Continuing Care Access team. A Home Care Case Manager meets with the client to complete an assessment to determine their healthcare needs and establish what services are required. The Home Care Case Manager will contact the placement team if the clients healthcare needs would best be supported in a designated living option.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
The wait time depends space availability at a preferred site.
- Toll Free
- 1-855-371-4122 (Continuing Care Access)
- 1-855-776-3805 (Continuing Care Access)
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: Yes,
Continuing care and supportive living centres have fees called accommodation charges. If the person is waiting in an Acute Care hospital, they will also need to pay accommodation charges. There are also fees for telephone, laundry etc. In Designated Supportive Living Level 3, residents may need to provide their own furniture, health supplies (e.g., incontinence and diabetic supplies), and medications.Fee Reduction: Yes,
There may be help to pay for the service if you have a low income or get income assistance.Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- September 17, 2019
- P.O.Box 780; 5338 50 Avenue
Elk Point, AB, T0A 1A0
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:15 AM - 08:00 PMTue08:15 AM - 08:00 PMWed08:15 AM - 08:00 PMThu08:15 AM - 08:00 PMFri08:15 AM - 08:00 PMSat08:15 AM - 04:30 PMSun08:15 AM - 04:30 PM