Alberta Health Services
Calgary Zone - Emergency Services - Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Offers assessment and consultation for children or adolescents with urgent and/or emergent mental health needs.
This service provides:
- assessments for children and teens with mental health concerns
- consultations with families
- recommendations to doctors about admissions and/or community support
- discharge planning and counselling for children and teens in the hospital
- short-term follow-up for clients once they have been discharged
See Eligibility field for information on who is eligible for this service.
Alberta Children's Hospital has a Mental Health Inpatient Unit.Key Provider: doctors, psychiatrists, registered nurses (RNs), social workers
- Yes, Children and adolescents with mental health concerns that impact abilities in daily functioning.The following locations ONLY provide Mental Health services to adolescents over the age of 14 years:
- Foothills Medical Centre
- Rockyview General Hospital
- South Health Campus
- Peter Lougheed Centre
- Application Process
- Service Access: Walk-in / Drop In ServiceReferral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Wait time varies.
- 403-944-1110 (Switchboard)
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Lifts
- Last Updated On
- September 16, 2021
- Facility is located one block south of 16 Ave (Trans Canada Highway).; 1403 29 Street NW
Calgary, AB, T2N 2T9
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps