Alberta Health Services
Provincial Health Services - Catch a Break Program
- An osteoporosis prevention program for patients who have had a bone fracture. The goal of the program is to improve bone health and prevent another fracture.
Catch a Break is a prevention program offered by Alberta Health Services through Health Link, and Bone and Joint Health Strategic Clinical Network. Patients who have had a fracture that could be associated with osteoporosis are identified, based on information from emergency departments and cast clinics. Patients who are 50 years of age and older who have had a recent bone fracture receive information in the mail about bone health and osteoporosis. Health Link staff will then follow up with a phone call to encourage individuals to talk to their doctors about their bone health to determine if underlying bone weakness may have contributed to the individual's fracture. Additional follow-up calls are scheduled at three and 12 months. The goal of the program is to help Albertans prevent future bone fractures caused by bone weakness that may be related to osteoporosis.
- Yes, Adults age 50 years and over who have recently had a bone fracture.
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, Catch a Break toll-free line: 1-855-454-2663Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- Toll Free
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- March 6, 2019