Services For Newcomers
Calgary Public Library
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides assistance in identifying newcomer needs and offering programs, services and resources to support the settlement and integration of newcomers into Canadian society.
- a platform for newcomers to meet settlement workers from immigrant serving agencies to discuss their settlement needs
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Coffee and Conversation program: a drop-in interactive program to help practice every day English speaking skills
- ESL Conversation Club: a 6-week registered program for intermediate English language learners
- ESL Teen Talk: a program for teens to practice English with doing fun activities and meeting friends
- special workshops including Citizenship Preparation, Buying Your First Home, Managing Your Finances, Smart Tips for Newcomers and New Friends and Neighbourhood
Affiliation: Calgary Bridge Foundation for Youth (CBFY), Calgary Catholic Immigration Society (CCIS), Calgary Immigrant Women's Association (CIWA), Centre for Newcomers, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), Immigrant Services Calgary (ISC)
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- immigrants / refugees
- Application Process
- Service Access: Registration Required, To access service:
- individuals must have a valid library card in their own name
- visit website for details
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- 403- 260-2600
- Web Site
- English - Some programs presented by partner agencies are delivered in multi-languages. The Welcome to the Library DVD introduces newcomers to the programs in 18 languages.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Steep access ramp with handrail from parking lot; four designated parking spaces, street parking and convenient drop-off zone. Wheelchair accessible: washrooms, telephone, computer catalogue, study tables.
Other disabled access: Yes - Universal Access PC- keyboards, touchboards, large print, adjustable wheelchair & scooter workstation, screen reader, magnifier, scanner for digitizing text, voice-based word processing, word predicting software and head mouse.
- Last Verified On
- October 13, 2022
- 2623 56 Street NE
Calgary, AB, T1Y 6E7
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon09:00 AM to 09:00 PMTue09:00 AM to 09:00 PMWed09:00 AM to 09:00 PMThu09:00 AM to 09:00 PMFri09:00 AM to 06:00 PMSat09:00 AM to 05:00 PMSun12:00 PM to 05:00 PM