Emergency Medical Services Special Operations
Alberta Health Services - Edmonton Zone
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Through planning, this service increases access to emergency medical services at mass gathering events. Special Operations works to lessen the impact that events have on the healthcare system.
This service works with planners of events that involve over 1500 people. The type of activities that are taking place at the event are important in determining the level of involvement of Alberta Health Services (AHS) Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
- obtains information from the organizer to assist in planning for their event
- cooperates with municipalities to ensure that event guests have access to emergency medical services
- works to lessen the impact of the event on the healthcare system
Affiliation: Edmonton Police Service, Civic Events Office, other first response agencies
Key Provider: advanced care paramedics, primary care paramedics
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, Event organizers contact the service to coordinate their event.
Referral Process: N/A
Waiting Period: N/A,
- Fee: Yes,
Fees may apply.
Fee Reduction: N/A
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: N/A -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- April 27, 2022
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM to 04:00 PMTue08:00 AM to 04:00 PMWed08:00 AM to 04:00 PMThu08:00 AM to 04:00 PMFri08:00 AM to 04:00 PM