- Mothers and infants experiencing challenges with breastfeeding.
Offers care for mothers and babies who are having breastfeeding issues due to:
- baby with poor weight gain
- premature babies
- mothers and/or babies with special needs
- mother has nipple and/or breast pain
- milk supply concerns
- mother on medicine while breastfeeding
Mothers and babies are seen by a nurse-lactation consultant at each visit. Care may include:
- assessment of breastfeeding concerns
- examination of mother and baby
- review of normal baby feeding and behavior patterns
- treatment recommendations
Letters may be sent to doctor and local health units to ensure continuity of care
Follow-up appointments are made as needed.Key Provider: physicians, registered nurse-lactation consultants (IBCLC)
- Yes, Mothers and babies experiencing breastfeeding challenges.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Please contact the clinic directly, restriction in place due to Covid 19.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls, elevators and public transit is available.
- Last Updated On
- June 2, 2020
- 16940 87 Avenue
Edmonton, AB, T5R 4H5
This Covenant Health facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM - 12:30 PMTue08:30 AM - 03:30 PMFri08:30 AM - 12:30 PM