Alberta Health Services
Edmonton Zone - Palliative Care, Pediatric
- Ensures quality of life care for ill children and their family members.
Helps care for any child who has a life-threatening illness. Care is provided for children of all ages, including those not yet born but diagnosed with a life-threatening condition.
The goal is good symptom control so that children and families can focus on things that are important to help them feel as well as possible physically and emotionally. The focus is on living life to the fullest even in the case of a serious illness.
The team works closely with the child's usual health care team and the child and the families are seen in the setting of their choice: in hospital, in clinics, or in their homes.Key Provider: doctors, grief counsellors, registered nurses (RNs)
- Yes, Children from birth up to their 17th birthday
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Families can also self refer by calling 780-407-2330
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls, ramps, elevators and washrooms.
- Last Updated On
- July 15, 2021
- 8440 112 Street
Edmonton, AB, T6G 2B7
This facility provides a range of healthcare services for children including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:00 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:00 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:00 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:00 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:00 PM