Settlement Services for Foreign Trained Professionals
Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
- Provides orientation and information sessions for newly arrived newcomer professionals to establish the groundwork for successful settlement and employment.
- a three day course offered 1-2 times per month
- individual sessions focussing on housing, finances, family, cultural adaptation, civic participation, credentials and workplace culture, and job search skills
- sessions hosted by professionals in their fields
- upon completion, a CD containing additional resources and links to helpful web sites is provided as well as a workbook planner
Key Provider: CCIS staff Local workplace professionals
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- newcomer professionals who are permanent resident or landed immigrants
- individuals with a high level of English
- Application Process
- Service Access: Registration Required, To access service:
- call 403-262-2006 or visit website
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Consult schedule. Sessions held once or twice a month.
- Web Site
- Interpreters / Translators - CCIS has a multidisciplinary team of professionals who collectively speak 60+ languages, and will provide necessary language support.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
$5.00/Individual, $20.00/Corporate. Membership not needed to receive services.
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- September 21, 2022
- 1111 11 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB, T2R 0G5
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM to 05:00 PMTue08:00 AM to 05:00 PMWed08:00 AM to 05:00 PMThu08:00 AM to 05:00 PMFri08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
The above are general office hours. Contact CCIS for session times and dates.