Alberta Health Services
Calgary Zone - Ambulatory Community Physiotherapy
- Physiotherapy services for people meeting specific criteria in Calgary Zone clinics which are contracted by Alberta Health Services. Must have a valid Alberta Health Care number to access.
This program provides early, limited intervention (3 - 7 visits) for clients that have had a recent decline in their function following musculoskeletal (i.e. muscle/joint) injury or surgery. Physiotherapy treatment and teaching will be offered to help decrease pain, increase strength and flexibility and manage daily activities.
As eligibility requirements differ, an assessment is required to qualify:
- clients must have a functional need that would be expected to respond to physiotherapy such as stiffness or weakness as a direct result of surgery or fracture.
- clients must present to the clinic within 12 weeks of injury or surgery.
- clients are expected to actively participate in their recovery, both at home and in the clinic.
- clients with functional deficits from general musculoskeletal complaints must qualify under a defined low income category to access funding - information available at each clinic.
Program appropriateness is evaluated at the clinic level through an assessment. A physiotherapist will apply for funding if the client qualifies.
Injuries sustained in work related accidents that are eligible for WCB coverage and injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident are not eligiible for coverage under this program.Key Provider: physical therapists
- Yes, Clinic assesses eligibility on the first visit.
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Patients may call a clinic directly to book an appointment without a doctor referral.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: Yes,
Initial assessment for this program will not be covered if program eligibility is not met. Funding decisions will be communicated through the clinic.
You may have to pay other fees for materials or supplies used for treatment. ACPT doesn't cover these costs.Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- July 23, 2014
- 1632 14 Avenue NW
Calgary, AB, T2N 1M7
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon07:30 AM - 06:00 PMTue07:30 AM - 06:00 PMWed07:30 AM - 06:00 PMThu07:30 AM - 06:00 PMFri07:30 AM - 05:00 PM