Old Age Security Pension
Government of Canada - Employment and Social Development Canada
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides monthly payments funded through general tax revenues for older adults.
- a monthly non-taxable benefit to Old Age Security (OAS) pension recipients with low income
- a benefit for low-income individuals who are the spouse or partner of a Guaranteed Income Support recipient
- a benefit for spouse or partner that has passed away
- Yes, Service targeted to Canadian citizens or legal residents:
- age 65 and older
- residing in Canada for at least 10 years since the age of 18
- Application Process
- Service Access: See below, To access service visit website to complete the online application if not automatically enrolled.
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Applications to be submitted six months prior to an individual's 65th birthday. Wait times vary. Contact for details.
- Toll Free
- 1-800-277-9914 (English)
- Toll Free
- 1-800-277-9915 (French)
- Web Site
- French -
Telephone interpretation in various foreign languages available on site.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- December 10, 2019
- Crowsnest Trail Plaza; 920 2A Avenue N
Lethbridge, AB, T1H 0E3
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM to 04:00 PMTue08:30 AM to 04:00 PMWed08:30 AM to 04:00 PMThu08:30 AM to 04:00 PMFri08:30 AM to 04:00 PM
Closed statutory holidays.