Alberta Sports and Recreation Association for the Blind
Sports, Recreation and Public Education Program for the Blind
- Provides support for participation and engagement of the blind and visually impaired in a broad range of recreational and physical activity programs in local communities.
- competitive sports such as athletics, goalball, lawn bowling, tandem cycling, powerlifting etc.
- facilitated sports such as 5 pin bowling, golf, hockey, cross country skiing, yoga etc.
- Yes, Service targeted to individuals with a seeing impairment.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Registration Required, To access service visit website for details.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Toll Free
- 403-262-5332 (Calgary)
- Web Site
- Fee: Yes,
Annual membership fee required to participate in activities.Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
Annual membership fee:
- Individual $15.00
- Family $30.00
- Wheelchair access: Yes - There are two public entrances, facing south and west. Building entrances are wheelchair accessible and feature automatic door openers. Washrooms, offices and elevator are wheelchair accessible.Other disabled access: Yes - Designed specifically for people with vision loss; special lighting/windows treated with tint; wall moulding/color contrasted; tactile flooring/carpeting; color contrast; large print/braille buttons in elevator; audio; dog run.
- Legal Status
- Registered Charity / Foundation
- Last Updated On
- June 4, 2021
- 10 11 A Street NE
Calgary, AB, T2E 4Z3
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:00 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:00 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:00 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:00 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:00 PM