Alberta Health Services - Therapeutic Recreation - Community & Outpatient
- This service is to assist individuals with chronic conditions and disabilities to engage in a leisure lifestyle that is satisfying and leads to improvements in function and behavior.
Helps people with physical, social, emotional, and mental challenges that affect their leisure activity by assessing their needs and strengths, developing, following and evaluating a therapy plan. Teaches how to use resources and take part in recreation and leisure activities by:
- improving coping and reasoning skills
- supporting new learning
- supporting greater independence and quality of life
- increasing self-efficacy and adjusting to disability
- reducing stress, depression, and anxiety
- promoting a positive attitude
- teaching how to reduce the risk of falls
- improved memory and cognitive functioning
- Yes, Adults who can no longer participate in their regular recreation and leisure activities because of a disability or illness.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Professional Referral Required, Healthcare providers should consult the Alberta Referral Directory for service referral information.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
An estimated wait time will be provided at the time of appointment booking.
- 403-502-8648 Ext 1068
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Main entranceOther disabled access: Yes - Parking stalls and washrooms
- Last Updated On
- December 13, 2019
- 666 5 Street SW
Medicine Hat, AB, T1A 4H6
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department. The Margery E. Yuill Cancer Centre is located within this facility.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM - 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM - 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM - 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM - 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM - 04:30 PM