- Provides prenatal classes and information about pregnancy, birthing, and parenting.
Prenatal Information Sessions via Zoom once a month, information sessions are available through AHS public health.
- Fort McMurray Northern Lights Regional Health Centre online tour
- Grande Prairie QEII Hospital online tour
- Whitecourt Healthcare Centre online tour
- Prenatal classes
- Prenatal breast feeding classes
Please be advised not all locations offer all services.
Prenatal Classes provide people with:
- a chance to meet other people in the community expecting a baby
- knowledge of what to expect during your labor and delivery
- breathing and relaxation techniques
- immunization and infant safety information
- providing your support person with the skills to help with labor and delivery
- increased breastfeeding knowledge
- newborn and postpartum care
- what resources are available for yourself and your newborn
Classes are taught in groups by a community health nurse. Classes may be in the evenings or on Saturdays.
Public Health Nurses and Regional Dietitians are available at Community Health Services to answer questions about your pregnancy, diet and childbirth plans.
For more information, visit the Prenatal website.
Prenatal Online Information
- Application Process
- Service Access: Registration Required, Must register for prenatal classes. Call your local Community Health Services for more information.Prenatal Information Sessions via Zoom are offered once a month, information sessions are available through AHS Public Health.This will include:
- Saturday presentation from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Late pregnancy, Labor, Delivery, After Birth and Newborn Care)
- Monthly 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM (Breastfeeding)
Waiting Period: Yes,
It is important to register early because class sizes are limited. The 2nd trimester is ideal for learning.
- Provincial Building; 5112 50 Avenue
Valleyview, AB, T0H 3N0
Open in Google Maps