Alberta Health Services
Central Zone - Public Health Breastfeeding Support Services
- Breastfeeding support through telephone counselling and home visits. Public Health Nurses respond to questions and concerns about infant feeding.
This service continues to be offered, following COVID-19 protocols, and may include in-person contact when indicated.
Public Health offers breastfeeding support and education through prenatal education, telephone counseling and home visits. Public Health Nurses respond to questions and concerns about infant feeding.
After the birth of a baby, a Public Health Nurse contacts the family to inquire about how their baby is feeding; and to offer information, support and services.
Breastfeeding support services may include support from an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant.Key Provider: lactation consultants, public health nurses (PHNs)
- Application Process
- Service Access: By AppointmentReferral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- 811 (Health Link)
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Ambulance Bay
- Last Updated On
- June 1, 2015
- 5216 53 Street
Lamont, AB, T0B 2R0
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including an emergency department with limited hours.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM - 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM - 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM - 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM - 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM - 04:30 PM