Women Building Futures Society
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Offers programs that prepare women for entry-level work in the construction industry or trade apprenticeships.
- programs that prepare women for entry-level work in the construction industry or trade apprenticeships
- Journeywoman Start (JWS) - a 17 week program to help women prepare for construction and oil and gas jobs, with 2 weeks of worksite safety certification, 8 weeks of hands-on skill training, 2 weeks of workplace culture awareness, 4 weeks of academics (trades math, science, and English), 2 weeks of work experience, an opportunity to write the Level B Trade Entrance Exam, and job search and apprenticeship retention support
- Construction Bootcamp - a 4 week, tuition - paid program to prepare women to succeed as an entry-level worker in the construction industry.
- Heavy Equipment Technician - a 4 week tuition-paid program to prepare women to begin their careers as a Heavy Equipment Technician (HET)
- Syncrude Heavy Equipment Operator - a 2 week tuition-paid program to prepare women to begin their careers as a heavy equipment operator
- Vestas Wind Turbine Technician Readiness - a 4 week tuition-paid program to prepare women to begin a career working in the renewable energy sector as an entry-level wind turbine technician
- Yes, Service targeted to women:
- 18 years and older
- who are physically fit
- Alberta resident
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service:
- visit website for application form
- visit free weekly information sessions and / or webinars for more information
- contact a Student Recruitment Advisor for help with filling out forms
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Wait times may be extensive. Call for more information.
- Toll Free
- Web Site
- Fee: Yes,
Contact for details.
Fee Reduction: Yes,
Funding may include government grants for low income individuals and Employer Sponsored Tuition depending on program.
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- April 28, 2022
- 10326 107 Street
Edmonton, AB, T5J 1K2
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:30 AM to 04:30 PMTue08:30 AM to 04:30 PMWed08:30 AM to 04:30 PMThu08:30 AM to 04:30 PMFri08:30 AM to 04:30 PM
Program hours vary.