Government of Canada - Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Provides information about the process of adopting a child internationally.
- a guide to adopting a child internationally
- information about contacting the provincial or territorial adoption authorities
- a list of restricted countries not available for international adoptions
- information about how to apply for permanent residency and citizenship for an internationally adopted child
- Yes, Service targeted to individuals and couples 18 years of age and older. Eligibility varies by the child's origin country. Contact for details.
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service:
- visit website to locate an adoption authority
- visit website for details
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
Wait time varies. Contact for details.
- Toll Free
- Web Site
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: N/A -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- October 9, 2019
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM to 04:00 PMTue08:00 AM to 04:00 PMWed08:00 AM to 04:00 PMThu08:00 AM to 04:00 PMFri08:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Automated telephone line after hours.