- Public health nurses provide support and health assessments to mothers, newborns and their families.
This service continues to be offered following public health COVID-19 protocols.
Services are offered to parents who:
- have been discharged with their baby
- have been discharged while their baby is still in the hospital
- are adopting
- have chosen adoption for their baby
- had a stillborn baby
- are dealing with loss due to a neonatal (newborn) death
Public health nurses contact families within 48 hours after discharge from the hospital. Services are offered according to the situation and discussion with the family and may include health assessments of the newborn, mother and family; information about what to expect and when to seek medical attention; feeding support and referrals to community services.Key Provider: registered nurses (RNs)
- Yes, Parent who delivered a baby and / or experienced perinatal loss.Families with babies from birth to 2 months.
- Application Process
- Service Access: By Appointment, If you have not been contacted by a public health nurse within 48 hours after discharge, phone your local Community Health Centre. Contact the Community Health Centre for information and support.Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: No,
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- May 25, 2015
- 5543 44 Street
Tofield, AB, T0B 4J0
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:30 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:30 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:30 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:30 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:30 PM