Alberta Health Services
Provincial Health Services - Emergency Services
- Emergency departments help you with your emergency health needs anytime day or night. They provide care for patients with major trauma, cardiac events, injuries, and general medical problems.
If you have an emergency, call 911.
- take care of people that are very sick or injured on a priority basis. This means the sickest people are seen first. If you go to an emergency department for care that isn't urgent, you will not likely be seen right away.
- provide medical care, which includes assessment and treatment
- stabilize people and get them ready to transport to a higher level of care facility (if needed)
- provide follow-up care including referrals to a family doctor or specialist (if needed)
Emergency Department wait times are now available for Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat and Red Deer.
Get the right care when you need it, to learn more visit Know Your Options
This service may be impacted by the COVID pandemic. View the Hours of Operations to see if the location has been impacted. Visit https://ahs.ca/covid for up-to-date information.Key Provider: doctors, licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurses (RNs), respiratory therapists (RTs)
- Application Process
- Service Access: Walk-in / Drop In ServiceReferral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
We can’t predict how long you will need to wait in the emergency department. Patients are assessed (triaged) using a standard scoring system called the Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) to see how urgent their health needs are.
- Interpreter/Translation services
- Fee: N/AFee Reduction: N/AMembership Fee: N/A
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Updated On
- February 8, 2018
- 3100 48 Avenue
Athabasca, AB, T9S 1M9
This facility provides a range of healthcare services including a 24/7 emergency department.
Open in Google Maps