- Provides outreach and support to immigrant and refugee seniors.
- outreach and support to immigrant and refugee seniors to address social isolation due to multiple barriers including language, culture, and poverty
The goal is to support isolated, at-risk immigrant and refugee seniors in their communities. Communities include:
- Spanish speaking
- Former Yugoslavian
- Eritrean / Ethiopian
- African communities
- other Eastern European countries
Also offers English as Another Language and other language classes.Affiliation: Partnered with the Multicultural Health Brokers Co-operative.Key Provider: social workers
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- immigrants and refugees
- 55 years and older
- Application Process
- Service Access: By Appointment, To access service:
- contact the Multicultural Seniors Outreach Co-ordinator
Waiting Period: No,
- Web Site
- Amharic; Arabic; Korean; Kurdish; Somali; Spanish; Tigrignia; Yugoslavian - Contact for details about languages from Iraq, Somalia, and Eastern European countries.
- Fee: No
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: Yes,
Individual memberships available.
- Wheelchair access: Yes - Other disabled access: Yes - Elevators, and accessible washrooms including push button doors.
- Legal Status
- Registered Charity / Foundation, Registered Not-For-Profit
- Last Updated On
- March 19, 2020
- 15 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, AB, T5J 2E5
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- Mon08:00 AM - 04:00 PMTue08:00 AM - 04:00 PMWed08:00 AM - 04:00 PMThu08:00 AM - 04:00 PMFri08:00 AM - 04:00 PM