Occupational Rehabilitation and Disability Management
Workers' Compensation Board - Alberta
Search Search Results Agency Service
- Assists clients in building their skills and strengths needed for returning to work.
- assistance for clients in successfully returning to work by treating the whole person - physically, psychologically, and vocationally
- assessment services, functional capacity evaluations (FCE), and other specialized assessments
- single discipline services including acute physical therapy and hand therapy
- interdisciplinary rehabilitation services, for those with complex medical conditions and significant pain or psychosocial issues including chronic pain, head trauma, fibromyalgia, stress management, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- medical services, examinations, independent medical exams, occupations injury services and pre-employment medical screenings
- prevention and work site services, physical demands analysis, ergonomic services, job site education and workshops
- vocational and training services, vocational profile and academic assessments, career counselling, and assistance with resumes
Key Provider: career counsellors, doctors, employment specialists, kinesiologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, physiotherapists
- Yes, Service targeted to:
- those with work-related and non-work-related injuries
- Application Process
- Service Access: Application Required, To access service:
- referrals for work-related injuries can be made through Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) Claim Owners
- referrals for non-work-related injuries can be made through an employer, or through another insurance carrier
Referral Process: No
Waiting Period: Yes,
There may be a waiting list. Subject to availability.
- Toll Free
- Web Site
- English; Interpreter/Translation services - Translation services available as needed.
- Fee: Yes,
Some programs may have fees. Contact for details.
Fee Reduction: No
Membership Fee: No
- Wheelchair access: Yes -
Other disabled access: N/A -
- Last Verified On
- January 31, 2023
- 131 Airport Road
Edmonton, AB, T5G 0W6
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
Switchboard hours are 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
Physiotherapy clinic hours are 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday to Thursday and 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Fridays.
Closed on statutory holidays.